Institute of Land and Disaster Management (ILDM), the revenue and disaster management training institute for the State of Kerala was established in the year 1996 as an autonomous body under the Travancore- Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act,1955 (Act XII of 1955).With its VISION of “Sensitizing the needy, for bettering land revenue administration and disaster management”, the Management Team of ILDM undertook Training Need Analysis [TNA], for the first time, in association with Institute of Management in Government [IMG] the Administrative Training Institute [ATI] of State of Kerala. The outcome of this process would cater the training needs of officials of Revenue department cutting across various levels. The idea is to develop Course Designs and Course Modules as part of it and to finalise the Training Schedule for the period 2016 to 2021. The idea of linking the “trainee database” with SPARK and the strategy to train all the Revenue officials in the age group of 18 to 45 on priority basis would definitely help in bettering the revenue administration in the State. The strategy to widen the scope of training on “Land” and “Disaster Management” matters to other departments and organizations through the newly formed “Centres” would also be “out of the box” scope for ILDM, in the training arena. The conscious decision to impart “skill” trainings in Survey, Computer Application and Disaster Management in the afternoon sessions, to all the trainees from Revenue Department and also imparting “soft skill” trainings with the recognized faculty of IMG is also part of the training strategy for next 5 years. The mission of the institute is to,
- Strive continuously to improve knowledge, skill and attitude among the employees of Government especially revenue and survey departments.
- Improve the existing administrative systems in land revenue and survey departments and to develop innovative mechanisms for bettering the service delivery to the citizens.
- Research and frame draft policies for improving the efficiency of revenue and survey administration and disaster management.
Objective of the institute are the following;
- to impart professional training, including induction training in-service training and refresher training to personnel of the Land Revenue and Survey Department of Kerala state
- to impart to and develop managerial and technical skills of the above personnel
- to undertake research and study projects relating to the aforesaid departments with a view to improving their functioning and productivity.
- to function as a nodal agency for introducing new techniques of operation, innovations and modern technology.
ILDM has been imparting 30 numbers of different training programmes with definite training module approved by the Executive Committee for each financial year.
ILDM in the coming years would like to enhance its activities by doing the training programmes under the following three different categories.
- Centralised Training Progtrammes
After the completion of TNA (Training Need Analysis) programme, ILDM finalized detailed modules of trainings with duration of more than one day on specific topics, which are directly impinging on the day to day revenue administration at the cutting edge level. Theses will be purely residential programmes and the selection of trainees will be made by updating/collecting the details from SPARK database. Twenty one (21) different courses have been finalized through the TNA (Training Need Analysis)
- Decentralised Training Programme
Decentralized Training Programmes are basically carried out at various collectorates on the following ten (10) different subjects as half day sessions. The classes are being dealt by the Master Trainers who had undergone Training of Trainers (ToT) at ILDM in 2016.
Transfer of Registry
Dealing cases under wet/paddy lands
|9||Managing court cases||Slides||Notes|
Decentralized Computer Training Programme
The computer training programmes which are now being carried out on Office Automation, Malayalam computing etc at Centres of Pathanamthitta and Malappuram collectorates will be revamped basically to impart more trainings on the application software like the E-district, ReLIS software and the other software’s to be developed for better governance functions.
- Collaborative Training Programme
ILDM with the help of other training institutes like IMG,KILA,SIRD and with the help of departments like Survey, Registration, LSGD Department etc would like to do training programmes in a collaborative manner basically for exchange of faculties and training funds.
ILDM is having adequate infrastructure, which is not being potentially exploited, even after twenty years of its inception, for imparting trainings intended for the employees of Revenue, Survey, Registration, LSGD etc .
The Induction Training Programme in collaboration with Institute of Management in Government [IMG] as per the State Training Policy [STP] was initiated on 14.12.2016 with 12 days’ of soft skill and service matter related trainings at IMG campus and 6 days of intensive training on “revenue subjects” at ILDM campus, as a sandwich programme.